Thursday, November 18, 2010

Is it really only 10:43am?

I love to write and I'm tired of writing to myself.  I don't have a degree in English.  It never crossed my mind to go to school for it, it was always just a hobby.  So when I looked for writing jobs, free lance, anything, I couldn't provide a degree or writing samples. 

Passion comes second, unfortunately, for uber-productive minds like mine.  Passion = starving artist, essentially, in my opinion...and not that there's anything wrong with being a starving artist.  Well, I didn't want to be a starving artist, so I went to school for a Paralegal Certificate.  I liked the idea of being the support system for something bigger than me.  I like getting things done, to put it incredibly simply.  I like performing the underpinnings of things of a larger scale.  Subconsciously, it could be seen as fulfilling the subordinate position a woman is "meant" to have, according to a patriarchal society's standards, of course.

 My passions: fitness and writing.  I did get the fitness thing down; I became certified as a Personal Trainer via NASM, but the writing -- that's what this is for.  And it's online -- paperless, eco-friendly, going green! 

And I'm still floating around in the Universe looking for some kind of foothold.  Just by looking at Writer's Digest.com warranted receiving e-mails, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, considering I can use all the help I can get.  It said that for aspiring writers who want to get out there -- the best way was through a blog.

Here is my blog.  It's awesome.  No specific topic to write about, no deadline; I can just ramble on and hope that someone finds it interesting enough to enjoy it and pass it along to their friends.  Maybe I can fall into the lap of a publisher who wants a mind just like mine.  Here is where I can think up all these scenarios that end in success, get my adrenaline pumping, endorphins dancing, feel like all is wonderful and lovely.  Then I come back to reality and I see my parents' basement because we (hus and I) don't (can't afford) have Internet...

Anyway, yes, so it's not noon yet.  Amazing.  All this emotional energy I spent today and it feels like it should be at least 1pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment